Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems running Logic 9 in Lion... SOLVED!!

I don't believe it, but I actually found the solution. After trying unsuccessfully to launch, uninstall, reinstall, and troubleshoot Logic Pro on my new (pre-owned) Macbook Pro, I kept hitting a brick wall. The Logic Pro splash window would pop up, stay there for about 3 or 4 minutes, then just inexplicably crash. Then I realized that the splash window was actually an error message with invisible text. I did a 'Select All' and copied the text to TextEdit, only to discover the following message:

• Logic Pro requires that your system have ProKit 5 installed; this system has ProKit 0 installed.

Of course, I did a search of the Apple Support page, downloaded and installed ProKit 5.0 here (http://support.apple.com/kb/DL863) and voila! Should work for you too, I imagine... especially considering how much searching I did, only to find no solutions. Let me know if this is helpful at all. Good luck!!

Logic Studio, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 7:48 PM

There are no replies.

Problems running Logic 9 in Lion... SOLVED!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.