Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Interactive pictures question

If you look at the free iBook "Life on Earth" that's in the new textbook section of the bookstore, you will find that when you tap pictures or do a two finger spread, they enlarge to full screen mode. Is this some special widget that the publisher has or can you do this with iBooks Author's standard widgets? After a lot of searching on the internet, I discovered that you can get pictures to enlarge with a tap by selecting the picture and then in the Widget Inspector clicking the title selection under layout followed by clicking the Full screen only selection under Interactive. This essentially turns the selected picture into a one picture gallery to which you can add a caption if so desired. If you do this, the picture will enlarge to its full size when taped on your ipad. However, this does not do the two finger spread enlargement mentioned above. You can enlarge the image by spreading your fingers on the iPad screen, but as soon as you remove your fingers the picture pops back to it's original size on the page. In "Life on Earth" it will stay at its enlarged size when you remove your fingers.

And yes, I have looked at Publishing with iBooks Author, but have not been able to find anything about the question above.

Thanks for any insight.

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 8:31 PM

10 replies

Feb 23, 2012 12:09 AM in response to Symbiodin

As KT said, it is a gallery widget, and thats how they work (2 finger launchs full screen)

single image with caption and "full screen only" selected, a tap lauches full screen and the 2 finger spread justs inlarges the whole page/image untill let go and it snaps back. (I have Accessibility off)

if single image not set to "full screen only", the 2 finger spread launches full screen (just like the gallery widget)

Interactive pictures question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.