Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes10 (10.5.3) not working after changing Grey/Grayscale to Colour/Colour Icons in Lion OS X?

Hello Everyone,

I have recently attempted to change the grey / grayscale colour / colour icons on iTunes 10 (the version I was using was 10.5.3 for Lion OS X)

I did this After watching a video on YouTube (view from 1:45 minutes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-YjxS9ry…

Here's what I did...

Applications > clicking on iTunes icon > Open package content > Resources > (I think things went wrong here) dragged a copy of iTunes.rsrc to desktop > opened the "itunes10colors" folder (that I downloaded) > dragged its iTunes.rsrc into resources > clicked Replace > open iTunes 10 > 😟

I later discovered the this was only tested on iTunes 10.0.0 and it not go as planned. Not only that but I now cannot see the volume control, full screen button, or the traffic lights to name a few issues.

I really don’t want to have to reinstall iTunes 10 as I spent a long time having to delete duplicates manually, renaming tracks, genres etc and don't want to lose this.

Can help me fix this and change it back? Its important to me and I'd appreciate any help.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), iTunes

Posted on Feb 23, 2012 3:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2012 12:55 PM

I have found a solution to my problem.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I have only tested this on iTunes 10.5.3. running from Lion OS X 10.7

This is how to check what version you have: Open iTunes > click on iTunes in the menu bar > About iTunes

Step 1:

Download the following file from Deviant Art link below. Drag the downloaded folder to your Desktop ready to use.

http://asymptoteg.deviantart.com/art/Re-colored-iTunes-10-5-263410618

Step 2:

Close iTunes if open.

Go to Finder > Applications > control-click on iTunes icon > Show Package Content > Contents > Resources > locate the iTunes.rsrc already in Resources folder > control-click on the current iTunes.rsrc icon and label it with a colour > rename the file iTunes-backup.rsrc > backup the downloaded iTunes.rsrc file > move the downloaded file of the same name to Resources > control-click on the current iTunes.rsrc icon and label it with a colour > close Finder

Step 3:

Open iTunes > SMILE! > Play Magic Carpet Ride by Steppenwolf to celebrate!

😁

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2012 12:55 PM in response to darkhorse85

I have found a solution to my problem.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I have only tested this on iTunes 10.5.3. running from Lion OS X 10.7

This is how to check what version you have: Open iTunes > click on iTunes in the menu bar > About iTunes

Step 1:

Download the following file from Deviant Art link below. Drag the downloaded folder to your Desktop ready to use.

http://asymptoteg.deviantart.com/art/Re-colored-iTunes-10-5-263410618

Step 2:

Close iTunes if open.

Go to Finder > Applications > control-click on iTunes icon > Show Package Content > Contents > Resources > locate the iTunes.rsrc already in Resources folder > control-click on the current iTunes.rsrc icon and label it with a colour > rename the file iTunes-backup.rsrc > backup the downloaded iTunes.rsrc file > move the downloaded file of the same name to Resources > control-click on the current iTunes.rsrc icon and label it with a colour > close Finder

Step 3:

Open iTunes > SMILE! > Play Magic Carpet Ride by Steppenwolf to celebrate!

😁

Mar 3, 2012 7:42 PM in response to darkhorse85

I didn't quite understand the post.

I has issues with trying to restore color to my itunes panel also. but while i COULD see the color- there was a disorientation with the icons and volume control amongst other things. I had to switch back.

are you saying you fixed that?

running the lasted itunes verison on a mac mini.

thanks (if you reply)

thanks (if you dont)

iTunes10 (10.5.3) not working after changing Grey/Grayscale to Colour/Colour Icons in Lion OS X?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.