Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can I use a d-link dap-1360 as an access point?

Hi! I have a d-link dap-1360 that I use as an access point. The airport in my iMac see the d-link but still cannot connect to the internet. What settings I must use on the d-link AND the iMac?

Thank you.

Posted on Feb 23, 2012 4:59 AM

5 replies

Feb 23, 2012 6:35 AM in response to captfred

Thank you very much. But I have read hours of documentation like this. And each solution is saying to "refer to the product documentation or manufacturer's website", that is really hard to understand when you are not a technicien. For me it's very complicated to understand. I forgot to say the dap-1360 is plug into a cable modem. When the cable modem is pluged directly into the iMac, everything works perfectly and I have access to the internet. But when it is plug into the dap-1360, the iMac can see the dap-1360 but don't give me access to the internet.

So if somebody has already something similar that is working, I would like to know what ip adresses (ipv4, router address, etc.) to put on airport on the iMac, and how I can set the dap-1360 so it can let me access the internet.

Thank you.

Feb 23, 2012 7:27 AM in response to EricT2

User manual can be found here:

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=how%20to%20setup%20d-link%20dap-1360%20on% 20mac%20os&source=web&cd=8&ved=0CG4QFjAH&url=ftp%3A%2F%2Fftp.dlink.es%2FDAP%2FDA P-1360%2FManual%2FDAP-1360_A1_Manual_v1.00(WW).pdf&ei=Z1VGT7aVDoOq0AGmtdWDDg&usg =AFQjCNEjzKU13C1tVDwRcuFcm8OL34VooA&cad=rja

You can access the setup pages of the DAP-1360 with a web browser (see pages 18 and above) and use the Setup Wisard to configure everything.

You can also use the network setup assistant by going to system preferences, click on network, then on Airport, then on the assistant button at the bottom of the window and again on assistant in the popup window.

It will guide you in setting up the network.

I have a similar setup here and I found that once I have setup the d-link I needed to reboot the cable modem so it will see the d-link and the iMac connected to it.

Feb 23, 2012 8:27 AM in response to Eric Fauque

Thanks for your answer. Well, I have used the Setup wizard on the d-link. I have rebooted the cable modem and the d-link. The network I have created on the d-link apprears on the list of the airport on the Mac. I have selected it, enter the password and everything seems fine. Except... I still cannot connect to the internet. Airport doesn't see it. It seems to be a problem with the ip, subnet mask and other adresses like that. I suppose. I really don't know what is the problem because when I plug the cable modem directly on the Mac, via an ethernet cable, I have access to the internet. So the problem seems to be between the iMac and the access point (d-link dap-1360).

I can I use a d-link dap-1360 as an access point?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.