Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Cannot get Keynote to Zoom In

I have decided to use keynote for 'Wire Framing' but as I am used to using photoshop for this I have altered some keyboard shortcuts (some of Keynotes are ridiculous). I have run into a problem though where in the edit mode Keynote won't Zoom In with 'CMD' + '=' ( + ) and even disabling this shortcut Keynote won't zoom in. Pressing the keyboard shortcut kets just gives me the error sound.

Any ideas here?

Thanks.

Keynote-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 23, 2012 6:19 AM

16 replies

Feb 23, 2012 9:47 PM in response to GS_

The confusion about Cmd > and Cmd < happens because to actually get Cmd < or Cmd > one has to type SHIFT-CMD < or SHIFT Cmd > because the < or > reside in the upper case part of the key - so you can also think of it as typing SHIFT Cmd , (comma) or SHIFT Cmd . (period).

If you type Cmd < (or >) without the shift key, you are actually typing Cmd , (comma) (or . (period)) and your Mac will give you a beep to tell you that that is wrong

Feb 24, 2012 7:45 AM in response to bwfromspring hill

Thanks for the replies.

I've tried with Photoshop both open and closed.

I thought this may have something to do with '+' being the upper of '=' but technically I am still pressing 'cmd' and '=' so that should technically zoom...

But even without my keyboard short cuts set the default is 'cmd' and '>' (so I don't actually have to set whether I press '>' or '.') which isn't what I'm looking for.

also when entering shortcuts if I press shift it adds shift to the shortcut so instead of 'cmd' and '+' it would be 'shift', 'cmd' and '='.

Jun 5, 2012 3:47 PM in response to GS_

I too want Keynote to work like Adobe with zoom in and zoom out mapped the way you describe.

It doesn't work for me either on my regular keyboard, but if I use an external extended keyboard, cmd = DOES work, if you use the = key on the numerical pad.

I have no idea why that is, and it doesn't help as a shortcut, but maybe someone can use it to decode the problem.

Feb 13, 2013 11:05 AM in response to GS_

I found this discussion after wanting to do the exact same thing in Pages. So weird - you can remap "Command-Minus" to Zoom Out with no problem, but not "Command-Equal" to Zoom In. It's definitely that particular key combination that has a problem, as you can remap Zoom In to any other key combo.

Did anyone find a solution yet?

Feb 14, 2013 5:45 AM in response to pollux314

pollux314 wrote:

Yup. Already tried that. Remapped Font -> Bigger to something else so there was no conflict. Still didn't work.

The menu shows Cmd + as the default shortcut for Font/Bigger, not Cmd = . Cmd = seems to be built into the app and causes a conflict when you also assign it to something else. Cmd + can be remapped but Cmd = apparently cannot.

May 28, 2015 9:05 AM in response to GS_

Try using shift with every command that is on view.

Text-to-speech function is limited to 100 characters

I Cannot get Keynote to Zoom In

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.