Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Custom Installer Issues with 3.5.2 Client and 3.5.1 Admin

Since Apple released the 3.5.2 client for ARD, I have been unable to create a new custom installer from with in the 3.5.1 admin app. Every iteration I have tried returns simply with "an unexpected error has occured". I am assuming this is due to the admin app being unable to handle the newer revision of the client that exists on the same machine.

Has anyone found a way to create a custom installer that will configure and already updated 3.5.2 client without having to first revert it to 3.5.1 to take advantage the the custom settings available by using the custom installer in the first place or am I just going to have to wait till Apple sees fit to release an update to the admin app?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 23, 2012 9:21 AM

4 replies

Feb 26, 2012 6:24 AM in response to TeenTitan

Yes I do. I have contemplated trying to somehow put the 3.5.2 client inside the 3.5.1 package, and configure the package to believe it is 3.5.2, or taking the unmodified 3.5.2 installer and putting the scripts from the 3.5.1 package inside of it, but I am a bit of a novice with packaging for macs, and haven't had much success with that idea.

Custom Installer Issues with 3.5.2 Client and 3.5.1 Admin

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.