Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP PLEASE!! :( Garage band won't let me add notes to a score or delete and instrument

Hi,

I'm very frustrated and I was so excited before about Garageband. When I open up the program, I have the 2011 version. When I open it up, I selected create a new project, then I selected songwriting. It brought me to all this stuff. I selected the piano track, went to score, and looked up a crap ton of tutorials. They finally said to hold down the command button and then click on teh score, but that was all. I tried that and nothing happened. T.T I am crying so hard on the inside. Please someone help me!!!

I also tried to delete an instrument and it won't let me do that either. 😟

AND I tried deleting a file but I couldn't do that either.

~Very sad and disappointed~

GarageBand (Mac) '11, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 23, 2012 4:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2012 10:14 PM

I'm not sure what you did, but in order to "write" music into a score, you have to

1. create a green region in the piano track, by cmd-clicking into the timeline (main window) in the piano track

2. double-click that region in order to open it in the Editor window (lower window)

3. in that window, the cursor turns into a pencil when you hold down the cmd key, and you can write the notes in two modes, "piano roll" or "notation" view.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2012 10:14 PM in response to artzechic

I'm not sure what you did, but in order to "write" music into a score, you have to

1. create a green region in the piano track, by cmd-clicking into the timeline (main window) in the piano track

2. double-click that region in order to open it in the Editor window (lower window)

3. in that window, the cursor turns into a pencil when you hold down the cmd key, and you can write the notes in two modes, "piano roll" or "notation" view.

HELP PLEASE!! :( Garage band won't let me add notes to a score or delete and instrument

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.