Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have several students who created separate keynote slides with narration using the recording function. I would like to combine their slides into one new slideshow while keeping the narration. Just dragging the slides into a new keynote isn't working.

I have several students who created separate keynote slides with narration using the recording function. I would like to combine their slides into one new slideshow while keeping the narration. Just dragging the slides into a new keynote isn't working - the sound disappears. I also don't see a way to export the slides as keynote slides - just as separate quicktime movies, etc. Has anyone found a way to do this?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.0.x)

Posted on Feb 23, 2012 5:48 PM

1 reply

Feb 23, 2012 10:06 PM in response to MsBeaudoin

Ms,

Your best bet is to link the presentations using the Hyperlink Inspector. Caveat: Each of your student slides needs to be open in the background - I'm not sure how many is the maximum Keynote Files that can be open simultaneously, but it is worth a try.

If each presentation currently works fine, you can hyperlink to the presentation from another presentation without trying to move audio files (which you won't be able to do).

The audio narration recorded on their slide is treated like an audio file embedded in the whole document, similar to having music play across many slides.

I have several students who created separate keynote slides with narration using the recording function. I would like to combine their slides into one new slideshow while keeping the narration. Just dragging the slides into a new keynote isn't working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.