Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lion Downgrade to SnowLeopard, MacPro

Hello,

I need to roll back my OS. We have a new MacPro (8c) pre-installed with Lion. What is the best way to reformat / reinstall a SnowLeopard?

I have a SnowLeopard disc. I do not have the original MacPro discs. Our friend helped us buy this in the US. Now it's in the Philippines.

I have to do this. Our main application is not yet fully supported on a Lion. I know it's a major overlook.

Any help will be apreciated. Thanks!

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Feb 23, 2012 6:14 PM

4 replies

Feb 23, 2012 7:16 PM in response to ervzman

As was said in the other topic you posted to, you can't install Snow Leopard on a machine that shipped with Lion. The exception is hardware that has not been changed since it was bundled with SL, but even so you would have to get your hands on just the right disks, which would be difficult to do. You can install Snow Leopard Server within a virtual machine, though... Post over on the Snow Leopard Server forum for help with that.

Feb 23, 2012 7:22 PM in response to ervzman

Also, while on it. I wish to migrate my operating system drive. I want to add a 500 gig and use it as system drive. I want to use the 1TB (default) as a secondary media/data storage.

What is best procedure?

So this is the wish list:

• Restore my SL (10.6) file/system from TimeMachine. I have it on a separate internal drive (500 gig)
  • Move operating system to a smaller drive (500G)
  • Use stock 1TB drive as media drive

Please help me!

Feb 28, 2012 10:00 PM in response to ervzman

Hello, here's an update.

The install of SnowL. was a success. It succesfully ran on a new 500 Gig drive. I had to use the TargetDiskMode method via firewire because the SnowL. installler CD does not launch on the new MacPro (could be too old? 10.6.3).

I also wiped-out the stock Lion-1TB disk and used it as media drive (AvidMC projects, videos, etc.).

The new MacPro-8c ran smoothly for several days until this morning. >> MacPro Won't Boot, Rolling Back OSX

I need help Please!

Lion Downgrade to SnowLeopard, MacPro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.