Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disappointed about Pages

Hi all,

I write a book and often I use my iphone and apple keyboard on cafe.. works really well. Ive used plaintext app with dropbox.

After iCloud came I wanted to try Pages once more. Pages doesnt support norwegian language and has never done.. Yes a small country, but good customers and cant really understand why after all these years. But I love apple products and wanted to give it another chance, downloading the pages app for iPhone. I tried it for some hours and then back to Plaintext. I was the worst text edit app for iPhone. It doesnt fit the iphone at all and from my view, its not an app for iphone, but for iPad.

I like to backup my text to icloud as well as dropbox, and after a while I thought its nice to have pages on my mac because of the icloud. I bought it and first thing I did was looking for "sync to iCloud" in preferences and it didnt exist. I have to manually upload and download through a browser.

Ive used apple products for 20 years, im totally in love, expect high standard from sucha company, and they still dont support norwegian language in Pages, not synced with iCloud, iPhone app doesnt work properly.. And me; a Mac, iPhone and iCloud user, writing my project, has to look for text application elsewhere.. Whyyyyyyy apple 😮

Im curious what other people think about this.. What will Pages be like in some years.. May apple fix the pages app for iphone? Pages sync fixed when mountain lion is released? Will they finally include norwegian language?

Cooome ooon, Apple 😉

Posted on Feb 23, 2012 9:34 PM

24 replies

Feb 23, 2012 11:12 PM in response to Budbringeren

If you need Norwegian spellcheck, you can safely use OpenOffice modules, download the one for Norwegian (I assume there is one), change extension otx to zip, double-click, confirm this is indeed what you want, from the resulted folder extract the aff and dic files, and move them to /Library/Spelling. Norwegian spellcheck will be functional in any word processor based on cocoa engine, including Pages.

Feb 24, 2012 12:48 AM in response to Cattus Thraex

Ive tried earlier those dowloads and didnt work good enough, but this time I actually found a really nice app that made norwegian integrated in a nicely way with spell check that actually does it nicely, with english-norwegian, norwegian-english so I can look up words I read in english... Works nicely in Pages.. Now Lion makes it autodetect language too.. No thesaurus and synonyms, but the rest works actually perfect. Finally. Searched many times, but now a proper one. This one: http://www.mediafire.com/?2u4nyqny2ilrs8d

Thanks alot for your time Fruhulda, Cattus Thraex, Steve 🙂 All documents moved over to pages in this moment.

Disappointed about Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.