Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the common sense to App Updates over 3G?

I have an iphone on iOS5.0.1.

Last week, I wanted to update my apps over 3G (mobile data).

I had 6 app updates available.

I selected [Update All] and entered my apple credentials. to initiate the update.

After it had updated about 2 apps, it came across an app that was over 20MB in size and gave me an error saying that "this app is over 20MB, please update it over WiFi" or something like that.

It then STOPPED updating any more apps; even though the remaining apps to update were way less than 20MB in size and could easily be updated over 3G.

I then had to "update" the remaining 3 non-above-20MB apps individually!

This issue happened again earlier this week - with 10 apps to update and a 20MB app stopping the app as the number 2 item in the list - so I had to download the remaining 7 (non-above-20MB) apps manually!...

I want to know where is the common sense again?

It's not difficult to check the sizes of all apps that are marked for update and do all the ones less than 20MB first and leave the "warning/error" at the end when only the apps that are 20MB remain.

Why stop all the updates as soon as a 20MB app is encountered?

Has anyone else had this issue? Or have I just fluked this bad logic by accident?

If it is an issue for others; any way we can inform Apple so it can be "fixed" in the next iOS update?

Does Apple read, or pay attention, to these community forums?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1, Any device on iOS5.x

Posted on Feb 23, 2012 11:18 PM

2 replies

Where is the common sense to App Updates over 3G?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.