Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro 9: #Installs, $Upgrades

3 simple questions regarding Logic Pro 9 as of now:

1) Can someone provide confirmation that an individual consumer of Logic Pro 9 is allowed to (and can) install and use the full version of the software any number of times on all Macs with OSX that the consumer controls or owns, as suggested here?

2) How much do upgrades of Logic Pro cost (if there is any cost), with regards to minor version upgrades (e.g. something like 9.1.6 to 9.1.7, or 9.1.6 to 9.2.0) and also with regards to major version upgrades (e.g. something like 9 to 10)?

3) If there is an upgrade cost, does one upgrade payment secure upgrades for all installations, or would each installation require a separate upgrade payment?

Safari 5-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.5.8), 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on Feb 23, 2012 11:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 12:32 AM

Hi

1)

Can I use apps from the Mac App Store on more than one computer?

Apps from the Mac App Store may be used on any Macs that you own or control for your personal use.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4461

2) Difficult to say what will happen in the future. Historically these updates have usually been free (last paid one I recall was 7.2), but Apple did just make the Mainstage 2.2 update a paid one.

Normally, updates via the AppStore are available free (but you might want to backup the old version first, in case of problems)

3) see 1)

CCT

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2012 12:32 AM in response to funky_pat

Hi

1)

Can I use apps from the Mac App Store on more than one computer?

Apps from the Mac App Store may be used on any Macs that you own or control for your personal use.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4461

2) Difficult to say what will happen in the future. Historically these updates have usually been free (last paid one I recall was 7.2), but Apple did just make the Mainstage 2.2 update a paid one.

Normally, updates via the AppStore are available free (but you might want to backup the old version first, in case of problems)

3) see 1)

CCT

Logic Pro 9: #Installs, $Upgrades

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.