Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone keeps shutting off the ringer when not in use, any suggestions?

When I turn my phone on silent, then remove silent, the ringer is totally off even tho I had it set on full. SOmetimes I have it set on full ringer and when I check later the ringer is totally off and sometimes it stays on full. Any suggestions? I have 5.01

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 1:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 1:43 PM

Did you already try to reset the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about 10sec, until the Apple logo comes back again? You will not lose data, but a reset can cure some glitches.

If this does not work, set it up as new device without using the latest backup.

How to back up your data and set up as a new device

2 replies

Mar 6, 2012 2:07 PM in response to Ingo2711

Yes tried that. Have now discovered after replaced my iphone that when my phone has bluetooth turned on and I walk away from my car after turning the car off, I have actually watched the ringer slide move from the middle position to the zero position with my own eyes. I have to manually turn it back on every time I leave the car now. But, if I shut off bluetooth, the ringer remains on. Suggestions??

My iphone keeps shutting off the ringer when not in use, any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.