Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon T2i File Size HUGE

Hi everyone. I need help understanding why my canon t2i files are so large in fcp 7. i've downloaded and modified the script for canon os plugin for tcp, so i can use the log and transfer feature. it works great, except when the files come in, they almost double in size. i have the log and transfer preferences set to apple 422 per everyone's advice on the internet, but my file sizes are still huge. can anyone help?

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 1:46 PM

6 replies

Feb 24, 2012 1:56 PM in response to monachetti

Because you converted from a highly compressed format that FCP doesn't work with, to a codec with a higher data rate that can stand multiple compressions without losing resolution, and can take color correction better (better color space).

You are just going to have to deal with the larger file sizes. Get a bigger drive.

Or switch editing software. Premiere Pro deals with the files natively, if you have a decent graphics card to enable CUDA and the Mercury Engine...

Canon T2i File Size HUGE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.