Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if i have one iPad and I want all the apps that are there how do I copy that so i can have them on another iPad the same way as i have them on the first iPad?

if i have one iPad and I want all the apps that are there how do I copy that so i can have them on another iPad the same way as i have them on the first iPad?

iPad, iPhone 4, Macbook-OTHER, iOS 5

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 2:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 2:57 PM

Plug in the first one. Do a backup and save it under the name of the first pad. Plug in the second pad and set it up using the back up of the first one. Then give it a unique name so you can keep them straight in the future.

22 replies

Feb 24, 2012 5:59 PM in response to Rysz

So what I do then is first open up itunes then back up the first or main ipad and then on the left side right click the name of the ipad to back up the ipad then wwhen that one is done unhook the usb cord then plug in the next one but then press tthe black itunes on the top left to go to prefences and to the devices tab tthen restore from the backup to the other ipad and it should have what the first one did right? also on the first ipad hooked ddo I needc to check the box of the apps, music, podcasts etc.

Feb 24, 2012 6:12 PM in response to Sparychess

If you want both iPad to be identical .....

Without connecting your iPad to your laptop, start iTunes. Go to iTunes>Preferences>Devices. Check the box next to "Prevent your iPod etc. from automatically syncing." Click OK.

• Now connect your iPad to your Mac and start iTunes.
  • When iTunes starts, right click on your iPad under Devices in the left column. Select Transfer purchases.
  • After it finishes transferring all your apps to the Mac, right click on your iPad and select Backup your iPad.
  • Sync the iPad and eject it when it is complete.
  • Quit iTunes

• Connect the second iPad.
  • Launch iTunes
  • Right click on the iPad name on the left side and select - Restore from Backup
  • Select the backup of the first iPad and let it restore from that backup.
  • When it finishes restoring - sync with iTunes to transfer all of the apps and any other content that you want onto that iPad
  • Eject the iPad when you are done.

Check the second iPad and if all of the content did not sync as you wanted - or you want to remove some of the content - connect it again and then choose the content that you want - uncheck what you do not want - and click on Apply in the lower right corner of iTunes.

Feb 25, 2012 1:18 PM in response to Sparychess

You want to check/select the Sync Apps heading and check/select all of the apps that are on the first iPad as well.

If you forget an app on the first sync with the second iPad - you can select it to sync and then sync again. The apps will still be in your iTunes library. you don't lose the apps unless you delete them from iTunes.

User uploaded file

Feb 25, 2012 2:13 PM in response to Sparychess

I would log in but I am always logged in on my Mac. Definitely log in on your iPad - Settings>Store>Apple ID.

The Sync Apps heading has to be checked with both iPads - or no apps will sync at all. If you uncheck any heading, in any of the tabs in iTunes - that will remove the content from the iPad that is in that tab when you sync. In other words if you uncheck the sync music heading and then you sync, you will remove all of the music on the iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.