Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will nobody upgrade Appleworks?

Appleworks is my lifeline, and still widely used by many people. I use it for the neat little graphics suite, as well as the wordprocessing.

Will nobody update this marvelous piece of software (that knocks Pages into a cocked-hat), so that it works on Lion? Anyone for a collection - I would subscribe $50.

iPad, iOS 4.3.3, This is a professional enquiry.

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 2:27 PM

7 replies

Feb 25, 2012 8:06 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thanks, Roger

I am not a systems software guy, but all I do know is that many small software packages I use have been updated to run on Lion. I see Appleworks as being no different, apart from the lack of will by Apple.

But Apple are wrong on two counts. Firstly, Appleworks was a great and well loved package. Secondly, they are leaving many people in the lurch, with files that will not work/format on other packages. Or me, this involves a few thousand hieroglyphs, each in a separate file. Will Apple pay for these to be converted to another platform??

Feb 25, 2012 8:13 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

>> I take it that is a rhetorical question...

Unfortunately yes, but it would be nice to see companies being responsible for their heritage.

Is this important? Yes, and Amstrad it a perfect example of what happens if you forget your customers. Amstrad in the UK beat almost everyone to the usable (as opposed to games) PC market. It was a great little word processing PC, and Amstrad could have easily overtaken Apple in the market.

But Amstrad did not give a figg about his customers, and would jump from product to product. Result? Amstrad went bust, while Apple became the biggest company in the world.

Will nobody upgrade Appleworks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.