Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I used my iPad to connect to my computer with an MP3 dock connector while restoring now its giving me the error 1611 which is a hardware error. Will apple take responsbility for this or all my money is gone?

So I used my iPad to connect to my computer for quite some time and it was working well. It was one sudden day that I felt that I needed to restore my iPad because of not so important reason. I used that same MP3 dock connector cable and it gave me the error 1611 which Apple says is a hardware error. So do you think that Apple will take responsbility for this or I will have to buy a whole new one.

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 9:47 PM

2 replies

Feb 25, 2012 5:36 AM in response to Suptrshi

Take it to the Apple Store for evaluation.

Try this.

Restart the iPad by holding down on the Sleep button until the red slider appears and then slide to shut Off. To power up hold the Sleep button until the Apple logo appears and let go of the button.

Reset the iPad by holding down on the Sleep and Home buttons at the same time (for about 10-15 seconds) until the Apple logo appears (ignore the red slider), then let go of the buttons.

 Cheers, Tom 😉

I used my iPad to connect to my computer with an MP3 dock connector while restoring now its giving me the error 1611 which is a hardware error. Will apple take responsbility for this or all my money is gone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.