Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I access my photoshop settings on snow leapard?

I need to change my settings in photoshop elements 9, over to 'setting one'. But where is the file saved on snow leapard? If I upgraded to Lion will it sort this problem out and put them somewhere more accessable?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 11:57 PM

14 replies

Feb 25, 2012 6:36 AM in response to clarefromnottingham

I have PSE 8 but am not a heavy user. I don't know what you mean by 'setting one' but my understanding is that PSE settings are controlled within the app itself, like in Preferences or other menu items. Could be wrong but I don't think such things are OS X settings, unless you mean display resolution or color managment which can be set in OS X System Prefs. Are you talking about Color Profiles in PSE? This is from Adobe info on Photoshop (not Elements) but might be helpful http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Photoshop/11.0/WS2A5857E0-A6D1-4efc-85B1-FE1D4FC0246 E.html. Maybe other PSE users will chime in.

Mar 3, 2012 5:01 AM in response to Barbara Brundage

Yes. "setting one" is a set of settings, i saved as a custom setting, where i set my own prefered numerical values. For tools such as, photomerge stylematch, texturizers, blurs such as surface blurs, motion blurs. I changed the values in the tool's style intensity & clarity settings that they start up with, so that they do not damage or interfere with the image, by opening up with too higher intensity settings. This damage does not show on screen, but when printed it shows. I need these tools to open up on a very low setting. I Also had the eraser tool set to be able to use on any opacity setting, without causing smear marks where the rubbings overlap each other. This is also more apparent once the image is printed.

However, i did save this setting, i am currently using the default setting.which is the values photoshop was set as, when i first installed it. I need to change back to my custom setting, but i do not know how or where to find it on the MAC!! I do a lot of printing so this setting is vital to me.

Mar 5, 2012 6:25 AM in response to clarefromnottingham

There are many plug-ins that work with PSE, but since the ability to use .tpl files is disabled in the underlying code, there's nothing that can add them, I'm afraid. So you can expand what PSE can do, but not to include the ability to work with tool presets. Elements+ from simplephotoshop.com (I have no connection with them in any way) probably adds the most new abilities to PSE, but it's done by actions and scripts that leverage the underlying code, so no tool presets.

Mar 16, 2012 8:37 AM in response to Barbara Brundage

No, I don't normally do that.I don't normally improve my settings on PSE. But it was done. At the time, I was on the phone to a technician, from apple care. He was very apt, the problem is, I can not repeat what I did, as i am not familiar with the procedures he used. As i am not as skilled as him. So anything is possible. I am now trying to find out what he did?

How do I access my photoshop settings on snow leapard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.