Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change Username or Email Address

I would like to change either the username or email address used for this Apple Support Communities account. I'm pretty sure that at least changing the email address was previously allowed, but now it does not seem to be. Can someone please advise?

Safari 5-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.5.8), 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on Feb 25, 2012 12:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2012 2:38 AM

You can change the email at http://appleid.apple.com - click on 'Manage your account'. You can't change the username because it defines the account, nor the name which appears in your posts.

5 replies

Feb 7, 2016 10:40 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Hello, Roger Wilmut1. I hope you're still out here in "discussions-land", listening, as you seem to be in the know. I'd very much like to change the email address associated with the appleid. I take it from your description that the "appleid" would then become, pretty much, a symbolic string, looking like an email address but never being used as a target for emailing. The email address stored for that appleid, would be the one receiving emailings, right?

I hope my question is clear.

The thing being, I'm getting rid of the email address whose name is the appleid, but I don't wish to incur the penalty of having to repurchase all my danged apps (at considerable expense, of course).

Feb 7, 2016 1:44 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

Thank you very much, ChitlinsCC! I have of course marked your response as helpful and bookmarked the linked page. In my case (stoopidity) I had already established a separate appleid under the target email address. If Apple will (which I suspect they won't) let me trash the erroneous surplus appleid, then all could be well. But in my case, I doubt there will be a smooth and balmy solution. You may appropriately grin.

(As per getting rid of the existing extraneous appleid, I suspect Apple may be like Google in saying, "Okay, but that name may never be used again foever and ever world without end. And our memory lasts forever.")

I'll hope, but again, thank you very much.

Change Username or Email Address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.