Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nik Software Plugin loading time?

Is it me or does any of the Nik Software Plugins for Aperture take forever to load? I have a fast Macbook Pro and I have waited up to 5 minutes sometimes for Color EFex Pro to load. It just says preparing image for editing. Anyone know if there is a way to speed this process up? I also notice that it will open a lot faster if its been open for a while then I select a new image to work on then open another plugin. It will usually open faster that way. I am noticing this with all the plugins in the collection. The only one that loads fairly fast is Dfine.

Also on the topic of Nik Software plugins, I noticed this morning that after I did extensive editing to an image and clicked SAVE, it actually did not save once I looked at the image inside my library! Talk about ticked off! I had to close out of Aperture and open it back up and re edit that image again and when I hit save, it saved it.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8), 2.33 Dual Core; 1st Generation

Posted on Feb 25, 2012 7:26 AM

There are no replies.

Nik Software Plugin loading time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.