Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to allow java connection?

Hi,

I do have a java application running (Minecraft Server) that communicate on port 25565 - how do I open that port in Mac OS Lion firewall?

I've located the Java executable that are being used and allowed that application in the firewall setting.

When starting the server the system log says Firewall: Java is listening from ::ffff:my_ip_address:25565

However when attempting to connect i.e. from other computers on my LAN the system log says Firewall: Deny java connecting from xx.xx.xx.xx:xxxx to port 25565

I know the short term work around is to disable the firewall, but I rather not so a long term solution to have the port open in the firewall would be appreciated.

Posted on Feb 25, 2012 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2012 3:21 AM

I had the same problem.

Here's how to solve the problem.

1. Quit the Minecraft app

2. Quit the Minecraft server

2. Turned off the firewall

3. Launch the Minecraft server

4. Launch the Minecraft app

4. Turned the firewall back on. The Allow,Deny dialogue box will come up. Choose Allow.

The Firewall will now allow the Java app to connect to the server.

Regards,

Donald

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2012 3:21 AM in response to Peter Nielsen

I had the same problem.

Here's how to solve the problem.

1. Quit the Minecraft app

2. Quit the Minecraft server

2. Turned off the firewall

3. Launch the Minecraft server

4. Launch the Minecraft app

4. Turned the firewall back on. The Allow,Deny dialogue box will come up. Choose Allow.

The Firewall will now allow the Java app to connect to the server.

Regards,

Donald

How to allow java connection?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.