Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I correct my iCloud email address?

My iCloud account information contains an incorrect address: apparently when I was setting something up and was prompted for my email address, I gave my pobox.com address, thinking that it would be used as my "Reply-to" address. However, iCloud accepted it, "carved it in stone", and now I can't send email or alter the address, which is uneditable in Settings > Mail etc. > iCloud > Advanced Mail > iCloud Account Information / Address.

I've seen some threads that suggest that this can only be corrected by first deleting my current iCloud account. Is there a less drastic solution?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 25, 2012 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2012 9:27 AM

Chap Harrison wrote:

I've seen some threads that suggest that this can only be corrected by first deleting my current iCloud account. Is there a less drastic solution?

No.

3 replies

Nov 28, 2012 8:29 PM in response to CLAMITY JANE

By deleting the account, creating a new account with the other ID, and migrating your data to the new account.

Before deleting the account, if you have any photos in photo stream that are not in your camera roll or backed up somewhere else save these to your camera roll or you will lose them. To do this, open the photo stream album in the thumbnail view, tap Edit, tap all the photos you want to save, tap Share, then tap Save to Camera Roll.

Once this is done, go to Settings>iCloud, scroll to the bottom and tap Delete Account. When prompted about what to do with the iCloud data, be sure to select Keep On iPhone. Next, set up a new iCloud account using a different Apple ID (if you don't have one, tap Get a Free Apple ID at the bottom). Then turn iCloud data syncing for contacts, etc. back to On, and when prompted about merging with iCloud, choose Merge. This will upload the data to the new account. When you turn Mail to On a new iCloud email address will be created.

How do I correct my iCloud email address?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.