Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spaces in Lion 10.7?

I used Snow Leopard fine for a while and really enjoyed the Spaces function whereby as I run 4 or so programs at once on my i7 Macbook Pro, so that I could split the screen into 4 'quarters" (with a hot corner setting)

This was great, and I've now upgraded to the new Lion 10.7.3

BUT this has now gone and replaced by Mission Control??

I have seen other posts saying that this has now all changed, and its now as useful as Spaces?

Can anyone help me configure Mission Control to look like the (new) 10.6 Spaces feature instead of the screens at the top of the page in MC??

Posted on Feb 25, 2012 12:18 PM

4 replies

Feb 25, 2012 2:44 PM in response to buckaroo14

Marc Wilson is right, Mission Control has replaced Spaces, but the concept is still the same even though the visual layout has changed. You can have as many spaces as you would like, and I would recommend a swiping gesture or Command Tab to switch to the desired application within your workflow, but remember to assign the desired applications to the appropriate space or desktop as it is now called.

I like to have Safari and Twitter.app in one desktop, Mail and iMessage in a second, and iTunes in a third. I can either swipe left or right to switch desktops using my Magic Mouse without the use of a hot corner, but it may require swiping multiple times to jump more than one space, or Command Tab to quickly select the exact application that I want to bring to view.

Mar 2, 2012 7:43 AM in response to jgelements

Ok thanks for this..

I suppose spaces has gone then.. I have tried to use MC but its not as quick, but which got me thinking now everything has changed for the better in MC (supposedly) is it possible to set up say F1, F2, F3 to 3 different full screens so I can switch easily between?

At the moment I go to a left corner (hot corner) it shows, the mission control screens at the top of the screen and then click those - it doesn't sound much but when I'm editing between 3 programs/screens constantly, it does slow you down

So thinking if I could get hot keys to switch quickly and fast that would be a help

Spaces in Lion 10.7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.