Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes stopped working

iTunes stopped working

Posted on Feb 25, 2012 2:07 PM

5 replies

Mar 1, 2012 8:09 AM in response to randers4

This issue with iTunes not working is seriously widespread and has been like this since late February 2012. Everyone is having the very same problem. The Apple forums are filling up with several chats about this problem and many more are calling Apple to find out what is happening because it is definitely on Apple's end. What is happening is that no one can use the iTunes radio since late February 2012. Whenever they click on "any" radio stations from iTunes they always get this message

"An error occurred while contacting the radio tuning service. Check your Internet connection, or try again later."

Some people have this message pop up when they click on only some of the stations, and others get this message when they click on any and all of the radio stations. Everyone that has complained has tried all kinds of solutions/troubleshooting from trying to reset their caches using iTunes < Preferences < Advance to restarting iTunes to even opening iTunes using 32 bit instead of 64 bit...but the solutions that we are told to try would either work for a few but not for others, or they would work just temporarily (that's in most cases), or not work at all.

This is definitely an issue on Apple's end and not something that the users are doing wrong...and definitely not an issue where there is something wrong with one's particular computer system or whether they use this browser, or that kind of computer, etc. I have had this problem for several days where it started with just some of the stations bringing up that message, but now its all of them. My internet is working fine, my computer is working fine, my iTunes was doing fine until last week ago. Both those who updated their iTunes and those who haven't are having the same issues.

May 19, 2013 9:38 AM in response to randers4

My itunes has stopped working the msg reads as follows

The color scheme has changed.

The following program has performed an action that requires windows to temporary change the color scheme to windows 7 basic.

Windows will automatically change color scheme back to Windows Aero when this program performing simalar actions are no longer running.

Please help what does this mean?

Mar 3, 2015 6:48 PM in response to pmatsikure

I keep getting error "Itunes has stopped working". When I click on the problem details, I see this.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: iTunes.exe

Application Version: 12.1.1.4

Application Timestamp: 54de1991

Fault Module Name: CoreAudioToolbox.dll

Fault Module Version: 7.9.9.6

Fault Module Timestamp: 54ddd41b

Exception Code: c000001d

Exception Offset: 00000000001fa332

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: df62

Additional Information 2: df626c2f268d18b5f6de96040772e28c

Additional Information 3: f751

Additional Information 4: f7513a15dba00c960727edbcb4ff3052

I have tried to restart the computer, uninstall then re-install the application and even re-downloaded the application.

I'm still unable to get anywhere.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate, AMD A8-5500 APU 3.20 GHz processor, 8gb RAM, 64-bit Operating system.

(Not sure that it matters)

Please help.

Jul 28, 2015 1:03 PM in response to BeverlieJoie

Has anyone found a solution?

iTunes will start and after about 5 minutes it crashes with the "iTunes has stopped working" message. It crashes just sitting idle, not playing music.

Running latest version on Windows 7. (I've even formatted hard drive and done clean Windows install)

Apple will not talk on the phone unless I pay them $30.

Things I've tried from research on this group and Google searchs.

I have installed latest version, uninstalled completely and reinstalled.

Run itunes in Safe Mode

Created new Windows user and set up again on that.

Tried not connecting to internet

Made sure there were no plug-ins installed

Disabled 3D acceleration in Quick Time

Have latest driver for Reltek Sound Card

If I put my music library on external drive and run iTunes from a different machine it works. So library is not corrupt.

I'm stumped and very done in with iTunes!

Help!!

iTunes stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.