Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i change user settings?

So my iSight won't work because of a user error, and I need to fix that because I need the camera to finish an important project for my economics class.

HELP ME!!!!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 25, 2012 2:30 PM

1 reply

Feb 25, 2012 3:14 PM in response to gabriellefromca

gabriellefromca wrote:

So my iSight won't work because of a user error, and I need to fix that because I need the camera to finish an important project for my economics class.

HELP ME!!!!

The answer to the question you pose here depends on which user settings you are trying to change. Some are configured with check (tick) boxes. Others use a variety of other options including choices bars, sliders, etc.

However, I infer that your real need may be to correct trouble using your MacBook's inbuilt camera. The only item I see in HT2090 that includes "user settings" is the check for "user-specific" issues.

Whatever your problem, if your trouble occurs when you start up or log in with your normal user account but NEVER when you use a different account, the easiest fix may be to start using the different account as your default login. For a more detailed explanation of this case, see my recommendations for SMB34's problem posted here: http://discussions.apple.com/thread/3674252?answerId=17416576022#17416576022

If you still cannot resolve your problem and need other suggestions, post back:

(1) a description of your problem,

(2) what you were trying to do that caused you to post the question you started here, and

(3) what else you have already tried (example, restarted Mac, etc.)

that did NOT correct your basic problem.

We will offer specific suggestions based on the details in your reply.

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.7.3

how do i change user settings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.