Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my daugther locked her itouch and can't remember the password. she has photos taken that have not been synced with the computer yet. any ideas. don't want to restore since we will lose new pictures.

My daughter locked her itouch and can't remember the password. this occurred after taking new pictures on vacation and before she got a chance to sync with her computer. How can we get the new pictures off before restoring?

iPod touch (4th generation)

Posted on Feb 25, 2012 5:49 PM

17 replies

Feb 26, 2012 1:20 PM in response to bobjbkln

bobjbkln wrote:

If the pictures are important to you, you can buy a third party transfer program that will be able to export your photos, music, contacts from the iPod. Do a Google search on iPod transfer. I know that these programs work on locked iPods,. I assume that they work on disabled ones as well.

You're suggesting that there are third-party apps that can totally defeat the very reason for password protection? Naah!

Feb 26, 2012 3:27 PM in response to Philly_Phan

Philly_Phan wrote:

You're suggesting that there are third-party apps that can totally defeat the very reason for password protection? Naah!

I certainly am. There are lots of them. As I said, just Google. The one I have is Aiseesoft iPhone Transfer Platinum which I got free from Giveaway of the Day. But there are lots out there. Here's the image of what is available using that app on my locked iPod:

User uploaded file

Feb 26, 2012 4:15 PM in response to bobjbkln

Hi

thanks for the help. I downloaded copy transmanager but when I connected my ipod it said

"failed to establish connection with itouch. if the autolock feature is activated please be sure to unlock"

here lies the problem ! I can't ................appreciate you trying to help. Yes the pics are important to her otherwise I would just restore and be done. 🙂

Feb 27, 2012 5:57 AM in response to bobjbkln

Bob........it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to sync on the original computer the ipod was connected to !!!! duh, my bad. 😊

anyways.......still locked.......it is getting the pictures off of the ipod onto the pc. I had to buy the full version to download/copy the pics for $ 24.95 but it's worth it. the free version lets you view but not copy.

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH.

There will be one happy 13 year old getting home from school today, when I tell her.

my daugther locked her itouch and can't remember the password. she has photos taken that have not been synced with the computer yet. any ideas. don't want to restore since we will lose new pictures.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.