Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Skype 5.5.0.2340 --- iSight not working

I recently installed the latest version of Skype on my iMac and get only a black box in the "audio/video" preferences menu within the program. I can make calls and see the other person, but they can not see me. When I click on "video" on the bottom portion of the window, it says "your video is turned off".

The built-in iSight cam works fine in iChat, Photobooth and FaceTime. And all of that software has been turned off and closed.

I've read through every discussion in community and the Skype communities and nothing has worked. Please help.

Info:

21.5 inch, late 2009 iMac running OS X Lion 10.7.3

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 25, 2012 8:12 PM

5 replies

Feb 26, 2012 6:00 AM in response to sleiss99

Based on the information in your post, there is nothing wrong with your Mac or its Apple software.

Problems like yours that occur ONLY with Skype are Skype-specific issue. Skype should best be able to tell you how to use their software with your system.

If nothing from this Skype knowledge base query helps you resolve your problem, click the "Get more help" link there. You will be asked to log in using your Skype account information. From there, you can ask for specific help for your unique Skype problem from Skype's own technical support service.

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.7.3

Apr 4, 2012 5:47 AM in response to sleiss99

I also had this problem this week. Camera opened in IChat, Photobooth, etc but NOT Skype.

I did a restart and after the screen blanked out, held down Command, Option and the P and R keys

all at once. I waited until I heard the "restart music chords" chime twice before releasing and then

opened Skype again. Was finally able to use the Skype camera.

Skype 5.5.0.2340 --- iSight not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.