Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

optical drive will not load DVD!!!

i am trying to load ms office 2011 on to my imac. when i insert the disc it spins a few times then ejects it without loading. i have tried loading cd's and they load ok but when i tried to load a different dvd that had loaded ok in the past it did the same thing and would not load! i have checked all of the settings and they all appear to be ok. can anybody help me with this?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 25, 2012 11:53 PM

4 replies

Feb 26, 2012 1:16 AM in response to jappslap

The internal drives on iMacs are finicky, which is why I use an external LaCie drive (irrelevant). I've found that running a store-bought video DVD can kick the drive into gear to get it to recognize other DVDs. Put a video DVD in the drive, run it for ten to fifteen minutes and then, see if it will accept your MS Office disc after it has been run for a while. In my opinion, it relates to them not being used so often. Not proven, but just my experience. Give it a go! And, make sure the disc is as clean as possible.

optical drive will not load DVD!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.