Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth A2DP in Macbooks?

Do the new Macbooks support A2DP technology?

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.5)

Posted on Feb 23, 2006 12:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2006 5:53 PM

Despite the other reports here of A2DP headphones working, as of OS 10.4.5 A2DP is not supported and does not work with the MacBook Pro. The headphones may work using the hands-free or headset profiles, but you won't be getting stereo sound. There's some posts about this in the Apple Discussions Bluetooth section, too. Hopefully Apple will see the demand and some near-future update will add that feature.
8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2006 5:53 PM in response to tbell

Despite the other reports here of A2DP headphones working, as of OS 10.4.5 A2DP is not supported and does not work with the MacBook Pro. The headphones may work using the hands-free or headset profiles, but you won't be getting stereo sound. There's some posts about this in the Apple Discussions Bluetooth section, too. Hopefully Apple will see the demand and some near-future update will add that feature.

Mar 13, 2006 2:26 PM in response to BenL

I can confirm that A2DP does not work in the MacBook Pro. If you're using a pair of Bluetooth stereo headphones, they must be compatible with the standard "headset" profile so you are only getting sound in mono. My Bluetooth headphones don't offer the headset service, only A2DP... So, I can pair them with the MacBook Pro, but I can't connect and use them.

Feb 24, 2006 10:29 PM in response to tbell

Not to beat it to death, but I believe any bluetooth headphones will work great - they just transfer the channel in mono. I am asking specifically about A2DP, which transfers stereo.

The use of "hence.." implies that 'for this reason' is why you answered in the way you did.

In reality only confirming the use of bluetooth headphones does not also imply the use of A2DP. In any event I shall not ask Mac fanboys such questions henceforth.

//no offense to Mac fanboys

Bluetooth A2DP in Macbooks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.