Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 3GS from PRC (real) with prepaid card in US?

I bought my iPhone 3GS in Beijing a few years ago and am now back in the US. I want to do a prepaid plan like we did in PRC.

How do I do it? I don't see the point in getting a contract with a carrier as the phone is old and I don't want to replace it because it works just fine.

I've read paygo from Target/Best Buy but I'm not so tech savvy so I need some advice.

Thanks!

iPhone 3GS

Posted on Feb 26, 2012 3:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2012 5:35 AM

if it's not sim locked then it's just a question of

popping in a sim card set not to request pin code and you're pretty much don

3 replies

Feb 26, 2012 1:07 PM in response to msbeans

3GS iPhone purchased in Beijing. Factory unlocked. Brought it to Target and bought the cheapest TMobile phone with a sim card already in it. Also bought a 50USD recharge card as the sim came with only 10 minutes of calling time.

I ended up calling from the house phone to get it activated and was straight forward.

Trick was regular sim card size was only available with a TMobile phone all the rest were micro sim which is fine with a 4 or 4S.

So I just saved myself a huge hassle and I'm thrilled! When it's time for the 3GS to go to the kids I'll be more than happy to buy a new iPhone in PRC. There is no point being locked into a contract IMHO!

iphone 3GS from PRC (real) with prepaid card in US?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.