Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot restore my iPhone in iTunes, have tried everything! Please help

Last night I succesfully connected my iPhone to iTunes, updated to current software and bought a few new songs...all ok. In the iPhone summary it showed my details and serial number of the iPhone.

Just as it was finishing the updates it said that my iPhone could not be found and needed to be restored as it was in recovery mode, when I clicked on the relevant box it said the iPhone could not be located and there was an error 1611. All the details in my summary now showed n/a.

My iphone screen is stuck on the 'connect to iTunes' symbol and no amount of holding down the button/home screen will re-set. Cannot turn the phone on or off, have tried recharging with a different plug in...nothing.

I have done all checks on my pc, re-installed iTunes, DFU...absolutely everything that the internet tells you to do!

I called Apple and they said it was a hardware issue and would cost between £120 - £200 to repair.

If anyone has any ideas...please help!

Thank you

Jo

iPhone 3GS

Posted on Feb 26, 2012 5:06 AM

3 replies

Feb 26, 2012 5:33 AM in response to jojo16

Is your phone jailbroken or illegitimately unlocked? Or better yet running a custom version of iOS?

And for anyone else who stumbles upon this:

Error 1611: This error may indicate a hardware issue with your device. Follow the steps in this article. Alsoattempt to restore while connected with a known-good 30-pin Dock Connector cable, computer, and network to isolate this issue to the device. The MAC address being missing or the IMEI being the default value (00 499901 064000 0) can also confirm a hardware issue. Out-of-date or incorrectly configured proxy or security software, such as FoxyProxy, can cause error 1611. To troubleshoot third-party security software, follow these steps.

I cannot restore my iPhone in iTunes, have tried everything! Please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.