Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iChat not saving all posts

We have a MacBook Pro running 10.6.8. We use iChat a lot with one local friend. For some reason, not all of the posts in the chat thread are being saved. So when we start another chat with this person we do not see everything from previous chats. I looked at the saved chats files and parts of the posts each day are missing. Has anyone every experienced this problem?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 26, 2012 5:30 AM

1 reply

Feb 26, 2012 1:47 PM in response to Richard Holberg

Hi,

My iChat savded chat to Users/(my account)/Documents/iChats and since iChat 4 put them in dated folders.

I have not noticed any that seemed short on bring them back to view.

It worked that iChat 5 and 6 could bring back a Group chat if that was the last Chat you had with the Buddy

(I am using Messages Beta now and it does not do this).

Some group chat I have been in have lasted several hours whilst I have been in them (and continued after I left)

I have not found a limit to the number of IM a saved transcripts can have (If there is a limit)

Do you think it is time limited thing or a IM limited thing ?

NOTE:

Direct IMs where you are sending pics and files is Peer-to-Peer and may not seeming drop the internet if you have login in problems with iChat.

If Logins are dropped the Saving may not work properly.

User uploaded file
9:47 PM Sunday; February 26, 2012

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Lion 10.7.3)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

iChat not saving all posts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.