Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stupid Placement or lack of buttons...

A couple things have been bothering me about OS X these past couple of days. I don't know if anyone else cares, but I just need to find a place to complain!

1. Why did they make the radio buttons smaller? I just noticed how hard it was for me to click on the buttons... and without colors, I have to kind of remember which ones are which. Is there a way to get the colors and sizes of those stoplight widgets back? I have looked to no avail.

2. In mail, when you go to preferences and change account settings there is no "Okay" or "Save" button. You just close it and then it asks to save. This is so counter-intuitive... especially for Apple. Like an afterthought... "Oh you changed something? Hold on there, buddy... you sure you want to do that?"

3. In iCal, the "Delete" button is where the SAVE button should be. I don't know how many times I have created a new event... which doesn't automatically open the even dialog box anymore... and then gone to change the time and such... and then I hit "save" NO! It's delete... there is NO SAVE BUTTON! Again... you have to close the box for it to save... and there is no close button anywhere on the screen... you just have to know to go shut the stupid windo by using the stupid radio buttons.

These are stupid things about the OS that have frustrated me that I hope are fixed in the next version. But I have a feeling there are going to be more stupid/counter intuitive things coming down the pipe because they expect us to run our PC OS as if we are on a smart phone and touching crap with our fingers instead of using a mouse.

Bah. Humbug.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7), 2.7 i5 quad

Posted on Feb 26, 2012 7:34 AM

4 replies

Feb 26, 2012 7:53 AM in response to Zaimejs

1. Why did they make the radio buttons smaller?

No idea what you're talking about there. They look the same that they always have here. Can you give a more concrete example of what you're seeing?

2. In mail, when you go to preferences and change account settings there is no "Okay" or "Save" button.

That has been the case for some time now. It's not new. If you don't like that, go here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

3. In iCal, the "Delete" button is where the SAVE button should be.

Why do you need a Save button and a Done button? And the button placement is consistent with other things, such as the "Do you want to save?" warning alerts (where the Save button is the rightmost button). Further, this has not changed lately, either.

Bah. Humbug.

You are free to submit "bah humbug" sorts of comments to Apple via the link I referred you to above, but note that this is a user-to-user tech support forum. As such, those kinds of posts are not helpful, and are in fact not allowed according to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use. If you have a question we can answer for you, you are more than welcome to ask it.

Feb 26, 2012 8:51 AM in response to thomas_r.

Here is a link to a story that shows how the sizes have changed: http://arstechnica.com/apple/reviews/2011/07/mac-os-x-10-7.ars/3

I guess my frustration here is that I'm looking for a way to personalize/modify the OS to be able to change/adjust things. I keep searching for ways to improve Lion, but the only improvement I've found is the fix to the calendar and address book skins. Back in the day, it seemed there was quite a bit of modification for Mac OS and OS X. I'm not seeing as much now. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place? Or has Apple made it harder to do?

Feb 26, 2012 9:32 AM in response to Zaimejs

Zaimejs wrote:

A couple things have been bothering me about OS X these past couple of days. I don't know if anyone else cares, but I just need to find a place to complain!

1. Why did they make the radio buttons smaller? I just noticed how hard it was for me to click on the buttons... and without colors, I have to kind of remember which ones are which. Is there a way to get the colors and sizes of those stoplight widgets back? I have looked to no avail.

System Preferences > General > Appearance > Blue. That will restore the colours. As for the sizes, I don't think they can be adjusted.

Stupid Placement or lack of buttons...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.