Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal multiple day event issues

If I enter an event which covers more than one day and set the start and end dates to the corresponding dates it only works on my iPhone. The iPad and iCal only show the event on the day it begins. Whereas the iPhone shows it across all of the days starting from the first date and ending on the end date. Surely this is the way it should be shown in iCal and iPad calendar also? If not you could have a multiple day event and only think it is forgone day and double book your diary?

iCal-OTHER

Posted on Feb 26, 2012 8:20 AM

1 reply

Feb 26, 2012 3:10 PM in response to Geordierobbo

Hi,

Timed events (as opposed to all day ones) only show on the first day in Month view in iCal. They show in Week and Day views for all the days they span.

This has been the way iCal operates for several versions (if not from the beginning) and if you look here you'll find many comments about it.

This is a user to user forum. By posting here you are not guaranteed someone from Apple will read it. If you'd like Apple to know you don't like this I suggest you send them feedback.

Best wishes

John M

iCal multiple day event issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.