Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I try to activate iCloud, my iPhone tells me: The maximum number of free accounts have been activated on this iPhone.

If I try to activate iCloud, my iPhone tells me: The maximum number of free accounts have been activated on this iPhone.

iPhone 4

Posted on Feb 26, 2012 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2012 8:20 AM

I have this problem too on two iPhones, neither of which have been jailbroken and both of which have been restored as new via iTunes on a PC and upgraded to iOS 5.1. It's the same whether signing into iCloud or Find My Friends. What is causing this error? If an iPhone is completely wiped and restored as new, it should not retain the previous user's iCloud credentials.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2012 8:20 AM in response to Alexandra_2312

I have this problem too on two iPhones, neither of which have been jailbroken and both of which have been restored as new via iTunes on a PC and upgraded to iOS 5.1. It's the same whether signing into iCloud or Find My Friends. What is causing this error? If an iPhone is completely wiped and restored as new, it should not retain the previous user's iCloud credentials.

Feb 14, 2016 9:15 AM in response to Alexandra_2312

I have the solution to this problem, but you need another Apple device that hasn't hit the maximum yet.

First if you haven't already, create a new iCloud account on the other Apple Device.

Then, once you're done creating the iCloud account on your other Apple Device, go back to the device that has already hit the maximum (for you, your iPhone 4) and login to that account.

It worked flawlessly for me. I hope it does for you too.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.