Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 to Mac OS Tiger

I've just got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 Model GT-P7300 with Android Version 3.1

and would like to know how to connect it to a iBook G4 running Mac OS Tiger.

I'd like to transfer files form the Mac to the Galaxy like music, videos, atc.

Thanks for any info

iBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11), 1.33 GHz/ 1,25 GB RAM/ 320 GB HD/ 400 GB HD FW

Posted on Feb 26, 2012 12:48 PM

7 replies

Feb 27, 2012 6:19 AM in response to nOmada

Okay, 15 minutes researching for a solution is enough for me. I suggest you look on Samsing's web site for support. There's software and manuals for downloading.

I cannot find your particular model on their site. How old is it? I can find a GT-7310. It uses Kies software and there is a Mac version. Kies for the 7310 requires OSX 10.5 or above. It is quite possible if you have a newer tablet it will also require a newer operating system version to run the interface software. This is by no means unusual when it comes to interfacing modern gadgets with computers. Forget about buying any new Apple i-gadget for a Mac running Tiger.

You might need to research third party solutions. I did find the site below, but it didn't exactly inspire confidence in me.

http://softaya.com/samsung-gt-p7310-p7300-galaxy-tab-8-9-wi-fi-sync-mac-suite-sy nc-usb-driver-connect-to-mac-os-xlatest-version.html

Feb 27, 2012 4:37 PM in response to Limnos

Ok This is what I've found:

There's a Mac version of Android File Transfer which requires OSX 10.5 Leopard.

There's also a Kies Mac version which also requires Leopard.

And there's another app for Android called Kies Air version 2.1.112201 available at the Android Appstore.

Once it's running it connects via Wi-Fi to a browser and you're able to transfer files between the devices.

I've made a test with Safari 4.1.3 and so far it has worked in my iBook.

I have no intentions to upgrade to Leopard yet so I'll stick with Kies Air

Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 to Mac OS Tiger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.