Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S won't display own number. 'Number Unknown' in Settings?

*(hash)100(hash) returns my number, but it won't display in Settings/Phone/My Number.

Thanks

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 26, 2012 1:28 PM

6 replies

Apr 29, 2012 8:18 AM in response to TonyRiley

I also experienced this problem. I checked different forums but did not tried the solutions they provided because based on the replies it does not work all the time. Some said it worked, some said it did not. I tried to find a solution myself.

Here is how I solved it on my end:

1. Connect your iphone to your computer.

2. Open itunes. Wait for it to complete the synchronization process.

3. Your phone's name should be detected under Devices on the left side part of itunes.

4. Click on your phone's name and make sure that you are in the Summary (look on the upper part of itunes) tab.

5. You should be able to see your iphone details (Name, Capacity, Software Version, Serial Number)

6. The last item can be one of the following: Phone Number, IMEI or ICCID.

7. THIS IS THE SOLUTION: Make sure that you should see Phone Number and not IMEI or ICCID. If you cannot see phone number, click on IMEI or ICCID and it will change the information shown. Select Phone number.

8. Eject your phone.

9. On your phone, go to Settings > Phone. Your number should now be shown and you should also be able to edit it.

I was not able to find this solution in other forums. Hope this helps. 🙂

-mp5navy

iPhone 4S won't display own number. 'Number Unknown' in Settings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.