Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I send blackberry and other users a text message with my iPad?

Hi,

Just wanted to know how to message blackberry and other users who don't have an apple product with my iPad.

Thanks,

mary

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 26, 2012 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2012 3:20 PM

You can't with iMessage, just as Blackberry users can't make use of Blackberry Messenger with non-Blackberrys - not unless RIM provides a Blackberry Messenger app for iOS devices.

With an iPhone you can make use of an app such as WhatsApp which is cross platform - there is an iPhone, Android, and Blackberry version of WhatsApp, but there is not a WhatsApp version for the iPad. WhatsApp makes use of the cell phone number with a cell phone.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2012 3:20 PM in response to Puntacana Mary

You can't with iMessage, just as Blackberry users can't make use of Blackberry Messenger with non-Blackberrys - not unless RIM provides a Blackberry Messenger app for iOS devices.

With an iPhone you can make use of an app such as WhatsApp which is cross platform - there is an iPhone, Android, and Blackberry version of WhatsApp, but there is not a WhatsApp version for the iPad. WhatsApp makes use of the cell phone number with a cell phone.

How do I send blackberry and other users a text message with my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.