Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft internet explorer for Mac OS X Lion?

my question: is there currently a version of internet explorer that is available for Mac OS X Lion?

I currently live in China where most corporate websites are not compatible with safari.

for me to be able to use some features of these websites (say online banking), I will need to use Microsoft's ie (unfortunately)

if you have encountered this problem before, your help is much appreciated 🙂!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Feb 26, 2012 6:19 PM

61 replies

Feb 26, 2012 10:13 PM in response to John Galt

concerning changing the develop tool settings... sounded like the most promising one but unfortunately it didn't work out.

as far as online banking in China goes, I trust the servers running the banking system are much more efficient than the poorly qualified bank tellers.

by using online banking out here, I am less exposed. trust me 😁...

In any case, thank you all for your insights and if you have any other solutions to share, please do not hesitate to post them here.

Feb 27, 2012 3:30 AM in response to ghassan1983

If all you want to do is run IE, Virtual Box is a free

alternative to running Windows in a virtual machine,

thereby not needing to reboot to use windows.

Another option is Wine. This creates a container for

windows applications that can run natively using the

Windows API. Crossover by Codeweavers is a commercial

version of this system. They add tools to make it easier

to set things up to run.

Feb 27, 2012 5:08 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Tom Gewecke wrote:

I've seen your question raised here a few times and my impression is that people who want to do online banking in China just have to run Windows one way or another.

So I can still see Windows installed on the Mac as the best way around it if it is not an option to buy a Windows Laptop for this purpose. Through Bootcamp, I would presume to be the best way. What's your thought on that?

Pete

Microsoft internet explorer for Mac OS X Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.