Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SIMBL error

Hi!!!! I need your help....I have a problem with safari. Safari quits unexpectly and appear this message : the application safari quit unexpectedly. the problem may have been caused by the flash player-10.4-10.5 plug-in. When i am trying to open again appear this message(SIMBL error. failed to load the safarisniffer plugin. error(1000) creating CGSWindow) and the safari's screen is white. Thanks!

Safari's Version 5.0.6

System

I have the Leopard and 10.5.8 version

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz

Memory: 4 GB

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8), Leopard

Posted on Feb 26, 2012 7:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2012 9:53 PM

Uninstall SIMBL as follows.

Select Go ▹ Go to Folder… from the Finder menu bar, then enter the following text in the box that opens:

/Library

A folder will open. From that folder, delete the items listed below. You may be prompted for your administrator login password.

Application Support/SIMBL

LaunchAgents/net.culater.SIMBL.Agent.plist

ScriptingAdditions/SIMBL.osax

Log out and log back in.

Make sure you never reinstall SIMBL. It’s likely to come bundled with another modfication that depends on it. If you want trouble-free computing, avoid software that makes miraculous changes to other software, especially built-in applications. The only real exception to that rule is Safari extensions, which are mostly safe, and are easy to get rid of when they don’t work. SIMBL and its dependents are not Safari extensions.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2012 9:53 PM in response to maryv9

Uninstall SIMBL as follows.

Select Go ▹ Go to Folder… from the Finder menu bar, then enter the following text in the box that opens:

/Library

A folder will open. From that folder, delete the items listed below. You may be prompted for your administrator login password.

Application Support/SIMBL

LaunchAgents/net.culater.SIMBL.Agent.plist

ScriptingAdditions/SIMBL.osax

Log out and log back in.

Make sure you never reinstall SIMBL. It’s likely to come bundled with another modfication that depends on it. If you want trouble-free computing, avoid software that makes miraculous changes to other software, especially built-in applications. The only real exception to that rule is Safari extensions, which are mostly safe, and are easy to get rid of when they don’t work. SIMBL and its dependents are not Safari extensions.

SIMBL error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.