Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My USB mouse only scrolls in one direction (up)

I've had this problem intermittently for a while, since 10.6, maybe before. The scroll ball on my USB mouse attached to my Mac Pro 1,1 only seems to work in one direction: up. I've updated the software several times (now at OS 10.7.3) to no avail. It's really annoying!

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), 12 GB RAM, 500 GB hard drive

Posted on Feb 26, 2012 8:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 4:02 AM

Assuming you are talking about the USB mouse that came with your Mac, get a clean piece of paper and put it on the desk. Turn your mouse upside and put the rubber scroller ball on the paper. With moderate pressure, roll the mouse around on the paper for about 30 seconds. Now try using the mouse. Repeat as needed.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2012 4:02 AM in response to FOOFer19

Assuming you are talking about the USB mouse that came with your Mac, get a clean piece of paper and put it on the desk. Turn your mouse upside and put the rubber scroller ball on the paper. With moderate pressure, roll the mouse around on the paper for about 30 seconds. Now try using the mouse. Repeat as needed.

My USB mouse only scrolls in one direction (up)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.