Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

G5 dual water block ..

I need a water block for a G5 Dual 2.7.

Whilst removing the LCS for refilling I broke off one of the 2 plastic connectors. I know it's a long shot but if anyone has a dead G5 mac or a spare water block I will be eternally greateful.

I will obviously pay for shipping and whatever you want for it.

Many thanks.

G5 Dual 2.7, Mac OS X (10.5.8), ATI Radeon 9650, 8GB

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 3:24 AM

14 replies

Mar 7, 2012 11:04 PM in response to Skorpan

Hey, I got a leaky 2.5 Quad Cooler that killed my Machine. The water block is your if you want it. I'm in So. Cal. if your in the area you can pick up or I can ship it for whatever it cost to send FedEx Ground. Send a picture so I know which part exactly you need. Hope you have better luck fixing your Quad then I did.

Mar 8, 2012 4:06 PM in response to Skorpan

Hey Skorpan, If you got it why don't you tell me the part number you need. I have the 2004 Quad PCI-X not the later 2005 with two water blocks it might be the one you need. This is a photo I found of my model on the web but I can verify if you got a number or I can take pics. Since its hard to tell from this one I found on google images. Don't hurt to double check.

User uploaded file

Mar 9, 2012 7:45 AM in response to YZFNYC

Yes, that's the same LCS I have, what I need is the plastic two port connector which sits under the heat sink. Here is a picture of it.

User uploaded file

It will mean draining the LCS to get it off (if you're not sure how to do it, I can help) but it only takes about 10 mins.

I'm not sure if you are aware, but I am in Stockholm but will obviously pay for delivery etc. If you think this is too much trouble I understand but if you can help me out I would really appreciate it.

Best Anthony

Mar 10, 2012 4:15 AM in response to YZFNYC

Hi,

Thanks so much, if you need any help removing the part, let me know, but if I may give you a tip, it is better to cut the hoses off instead of pullig them off, it was pulling them too hard which broke the connector off. It's made of a hard brittle plastic which can break easily. I have a PayPal account or I can send you the cash for the delivery, please let me know which is best for you. My address and email details are:

Anthony Robinson

Stockholm

Sweden

info<at>ardswe<dot>com

Thanks again, and thanks fore the help.

<Edited by Host>

Mar 10, 2012 2:23 PM in response to Skorpan

Hey Anthony just finished taking the cooling system apart and I got your parts out with no damage. upon investigation it seems that both O-Rings failed. So not sending those but I'm guess you were going to replace those anyway. Here are the pictures of the part. Let me know if you need anything else from that cooling system except for the big metal plate that everything bolts to, kind of broke a bolt in it while taking it apart so threw it away. Anyway I'll mail these out Monday. Best of luck. -Fred

User uploaded file User uploaded file

G5 dual water block ..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.