Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I re-installed outlook 2010 on a new pc. How to sync back calendar and contact data?

The newly installed Outlook 2010 on my new PC (Win 7-64) comes with all the mails of the restored *.pst file, but shows an empty calendar and an empty address book. On my old computer I was using Outlook 2010 with iCloud. So it seems to me that the iCloud elements are no longer stored in the *.pst file, but in the cloud - which makes sense.

How can I restore my iCloud data (Calendar and address book) to my newly installed Outlook 2010? Just by clicking "calendar with outlook" and "contacts with outlook" in the windows iCloud screen? What I want to avoid is, that the empty outlook calendar and contact data on my Outlook 2010 are synced to my iOS devices. This would lead to a complete loss!

Thank you for helping.

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 4:26 AM

2 replies

Feb 27, 2012 11:31 AM in response to Guldimann

Guldimann wrote:

The newly installed Outlook 2010 on my new PC (Win 7-64) comes with all the mails of the restored *.pst file, but shows an empty calendar and an empty address book. On my old computer I was using Outlook 2010 with iCloud. So it seems to me that the iCloud elements are no longer stored in the *.pst file, but in the cloud - which makes sense.

How can I restore my iCloud data (Calendar and address book) to my newly installed Outlook 2010? Just by clicking "calendar with outlook" and "contacts with outlook" in the windows iCloud screen? What I want to avoid is, that the empty outlook calendar and contact data on my Outlook 2010 are synced to my iOS devices. This would lead to a complete loss!

Thank you for helping.

On your old machine there should be 2 .pst files, one will have your iCloud mail address in the name, use that one.

Mar 30, 2015 3:58 PM in response to Csound1

Hi Did ICloud make the .pst file before it stripped all the contact and calendar information from Outlook? I am trying to figure out how to restore all my outlook information. I thought ICloud was a backup for my PC data. Not a replacement. I want my pc version back. It's too late to say oh sh_t I should have made a backup of my pst file before I did the icloud thing.

I re-installed outlook 2010 on a new pc. How to sync back calendar and contact data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.