Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need a new "open CL" display card for Mac Pro 2,1

HI ALL,

I Recently tried to buy Final Cut Pro for my Mac Pro 2,1 2 X 3ghz Quad-core Intel Xeon 4-gig Ram(upgrade to 16GB in the mail coming today(I hope)). Anyway I bought the RAM first because my trusty old Mac Pro had worked fine until now but every now and again I thought i realy should buy some extra RAM one of the days. Bought the RAM first and the next day decided to Plunge in and but Final Cut Pro. To my dismay the Graphics card I have is outdated (oh no my awsome machine is showing it's first signs of aging, sniff) As you might be able to tell I love my machine,

Anyway to cut a long story short can someone recomend a card for me that will fit the bill. Nothing too crazy just a good solid card ( not top of the line but not at the bottom either, something that will give some new life into my baby)

Much appreiciated in advance.

JB

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 10:43 AM

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4728?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

These are the approved graphics cards. Pick one you can afford.

2 replies

Need a new "open CL" display card for Mac Pro 2,1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.