Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail Send and Reply Not Working in Mail after Migration to ICloud

My wife migrated her MobileMe account to iCloud using her iPad. She's running OS 10.6 Snow Leopard on her MacBook Pro. I just tried using her Mail app on her MBP. The app runs, and it's receiving mail. But the Reply button doesn't work, the Send button doesn't work, the Reply All button doesn't work. Is this normal for Mail under OS 10.6 after migrating a MobileMe account to iCloud on an iPad?

Do I need to do anything on the Mac in the Account settings?

None of the account settings have changed - i.e. outgoing server is smtp.me.com.

3.06 GHz iMac i3, 4 GB Ram, 500GB HD, Mac OS X (10.6.8), iPad2, 60GB iPod Photo, Hp j6480

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 10:14 AM

4 replies

Mar 2, 2012 3:51 AM in response to pgoodwin

I deleted the old account and put in a new one with all the correct data for the iCloud account. It downloads OK, and all the mailfolders she had downloaded and fill up. Everything looks normal except the Send, Reply and Reply All buttons don't work. I don't think it's related to iCloud though.

follow-up 3/2/12 - The Send, Reply and Reply All button problem was a result of having loaded OS 10.6.3 from the DVD after having 10.6.8 on the machine. I couldn't load the 10.6.8 update on the MBP because of another problem on that computer (shuts down from over-temp after long CPU tasks (like transferring huge files, cloning drives etc).

Apparently the 10.6.3 load didn't completely wipe the prior newer Mail app, and it was left in a crippled state trying to run on 10.6.3. I took the drive out of the MBP and loaded 10.6.8 onto it using a dock on my iMac and reinstalled it in the MBP - this fixed the mail button problem

Mail Send and Reply Not Working in Mail after Migration to ICloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.