Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture support for Canon G12

Am considering a Canon G12. Does Aperture 3.2.2 support the G12 files?

Thanks,

Dennis

intel Macbook 2.2 GHz,2G SDRAM, 120 G HD,, Mac OS X (10.6.2), iMac G4, LaCie D2, 250G,Maxtor 80 G externals

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 10:37 AM

Dennis,

Seems so, see this:

Raw Support for Leading Cameras: http://www.apple.com/aperture/specs/raw.html

Regards

Léonie

9 replies

Mar 10, 2012 8:44 AM in response to Dennis Golombek1

G12 is very good camera. Take the camera and dump Aperture SW.

Aperture 3.2.2 does not support importing photos from G12, no RAW nor JPG. You need (or at least I need) to open memory card with Finder and drag and drop photos first to hard disk. Feel bloody professional to do this way.

You can also try to give feedback from Aperture menu... there is no Powershot G12 there as camera type. Thus not supported...

J

Mar 10, 2012 9:15 AM in response to Jouni

This was answered and solved on Feb. 27th. The G12 is supported. Look at: http://www.apple.com/aperture/specs/raw.html

I bought the camera and Aperture opens the card up immediately. No problems. Also, I love the G12 but can't wait until my back improves and I can carry my D90 around with all its lenses.

Thanks for trying with the response though.

Dennis

Mar 10, 2012 10:12 PM in response to Kirby Krieger

Thanks for your comment. Since you were so positive, I decided to have another look, after rebooting both MBP and G12 and suspending virtual machine I got it working. 40D did not have same problem, though.

I should had not tried to upload photos at 1 AM after long day outing in the hills. Aperture gives me often small troubles, which take lots of time; thought this was one of those times. Apparently, my bad. Sorry and thanks!

- J

Aperture support for Canon G12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.