Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring iCal from Time Machine/Older HD

SO here's the deal. I upgraded my harddrive in my MBP over the weekend. Doubled it size to 500GB joy! What I decided to do once I got a blank copy of Lion on it was to restore just the user info, system settings and "other files" from the Time Machine back up I have (not from the old hard drive). Allowing me to install only the Applications I would really need after all my user info was on the computer and clearing up some more space.

This worked GREAT!

When I opened my iCal I had duplicate calendars. So, I deleted some of the duplicates. Apparently I deleted the wrong ones, and now ALL my calendars are gone. And before you ask, no, I didn't setup my TimeMachine (I decided to test things out before erasing that backup and start fresh with my new system)

BUT, I still have the old Time Machine backup AND I still have my old/smaller HD hooked up via USB.

My question is, where can I grab the iCal info from (Time Machine or my old HD) or do I need to start the process all over again just to get my calendars back?

Thanks in advance

Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 2:19 PM

1 reply

Feb 28, 2012 7:11 AM in response to freshtokyo

New development... I was going to recreate my calendars while I waited and I found that I couldn't name a new calendar the same as one of my deleted calendar... (ie: I couldn't recreate a calendar called "Home") so, by going into preferences and digging around a little I found something strange? Under my default calendars it shows my current list of calendars, but my reminders shows all my OLD (deleted) calendars?? (see images)

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

SIDE NOTE (I'm only concerned with the top iCloud account

Restoring iCal from Time Machine/Older HD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.