Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lion Update 10.7.3 broke bluetooth

I don't often use bluetooth with my Mac, but I just noticed that its no longer working under the latest update to OSX 10.7.3

I tried re-installing the update with the Combo updater and it still doesn't work.

When trying to connect to a Bluetooth device it simply fails, tried re-pairing also.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Early 2008 Quad 2.8Ghz, 14 GB Ram

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 2:31 PM

9 replies

Feb 28, 2012 5:44 PM in response to Linc Davis

Whats really odd is that the computer will pair with the device just fine, but then when I try to output audio to it, it comes back with an error.

It is a Bluetooth Belkin Audio received for my stereo, and never had a problem with it. I am able to connect to it with my iPod Touch bluetooth, but not the Mac, so I have to believe the problem is with the mac.

Mar 2, 2012 6:26 AM in response to Linc Davis

I found a solution:
into_the_blue posted in:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3200456?answerId=17736253022#17736253022&ac_cid=142432

In the bluetooth preference panel select your device, clic on tasks button and choose "Update Services". Once the bluetooth device results connected, from the same menu choose "Use as Audio Device". In my case worked fine. I hope this can be useful to someone else.User uploaded file

I believe you also have to hold Option while selecting this pane to get the option to reset.

Lion Update 10.7.3 broke bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.