Currently Being ModeratedFeb 28, 2012 5:00 AM (in response to Chogidog)
You can follow these steps to set your device to require your password for every purchase:
1) Tap Settings on your device's home screen.
2) Tap General.
3) Tap Restrictions.
4) If necessary, tap "Enable Restrictions" and enter a passcode. This passcode will prevent restrictions from being disabled without your permission.
5) Scroll down to the Allowed Content section and find "Require Password 15 minutes". Change the "Require Password" option to "Immediately".
6) Tap the Restrictions button at the top and confirm your selection reads "Require Password Immediately".
Currently Being ModeratedOct 15, 2012 12:25 PM (in response to NatalieT1)
Since you seem to know your stuff, another question for you - How long is a user's session in Apple's App Store? What I mean is - How long will Apple permit me to download apps between sessions before I'm prompted to re-enter my password? I'm thinking the session remains active until I close the App Store, but I am looking for confirmation.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 16, 2012 7:25 AM (in response to brian_hundt)
Velskud is correct that once you have authenticated your Account, you will not need to authenticate again for fifteen minutes. However, the amount of time before you are required to authenticate can be alterered. You can set restrictions on your iOS devices to require your password for every purchase. For more information on restrictions please review http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4213.
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points