Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone stuck in Emoji keyboard

I have an Iphone 3G with IOS version 5.0.1 and all of a sudden any app that uses the keyboard will only bring up Emoji. I am unable to delete the Emoji keyboard. For example, if I want to search the iPhone, no keyboard comes up, I just get the Emoji keyboard option and clicking on the globe to the left does nothing.

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 7:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 7:26 PM

Settings > General > Keyboards > International Keyboards > Add New Keyboard >

7 replies

Feb 28, 2012 5:27 AM in response to wbraat

Thanks modular747. I reset all settings and this removed the Emoji keyboard, leaving me with just US Qwerty and that definitely helped me. I was then able to confirm I have a hardware problem. Basically the characters on the left most part of the screen are not touch active anymore, so when I was in Emoji, that cut out the globe which is the only way to switch out to another keyboard. Now I am having trouble with passwords that use A or 1 etc. Time for a new screen or a new phone. BTW, I guess the phone is a 3Gs.

Iphone stuck in Emoji keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.